Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wet Wednesday

Yes, it sounds like a naughty contest, doesn't it? Sadly, it's today's weather forecast here in North Carolina: 100% chance of rain. As in, a complete and total washout. I will be working, but I won't be working, if you know what I mean. I don't know why but it would seem that people just do not want to come out in bad weather, be it rain, snow, cold, etc.

Sigh.

Anyway, I was bemoaning my extremely slow progress yesterday regarding my reading goal of 2012. I thought about it some last night, and I'm still baffled - why is it taking me so long to get through a book these days? It's not like I've picked up duds. I really have liked the titles I've read lately. But I'm only to get through about a chapter per day, and yes, at that rate, I'll be lucky to read 50 books this year. I suppose I could choose much, much shorter works, which would hopefully help my speed, but that seems a bit like cheating.

How are you doing with your reading goals so far? Anyone else having the reading "blahs" like me? How do you get through them?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Though I have read some good books in the last few months, it's been a real struggle to find things I can really get into much less finish. Just started The Family Fang - so far so good!