Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit" by Jill Conner Browne


Oh, the SPQs! I absolutely love the Sweet Potato Queens - have ever since Jill put out the first book, "The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love". She is just about one of the funniest ladies I've ever read, and she makes me proud that I've relocated and become Southern by choice!

I wasn't entirely sure that I would enjoy this book, seeing as how I don't have any kids, nor do I want any. As I'm sure she would've told me, "Don't worry your pretty little head none!" This is a great and funny book for anyone who has been around children, knows anyone who's been pregnant, etc.

What I liked best of all is that Jill obviously knows my mama, as she talks about discipline in much the same matter as my mother. Kids should be well-behaved, as should their parents. Kids should be allowed to be kids - none of this crazy, insane nonsense about having their days planned out to the nanosecond. Let them run around and act out their little fantasies for a while! There's time enough to be "adult" and mature later. Then again, Jill and her Queens are anything but mature - just ask them!

Fall in love with the SPQs y'all!

No comments: