Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year, dear readers!

2007 has come and gone. I'm hoping that 2008 will be just as good, if not better, a year for the Bookbabe and her hubster dearest. We managed to take a short trip, pay off some debt, and finally get the awesome G-5 from George Foreman! All in all, it was one hell of a year, was 2007.

My goal for 2008 is to keep this blog going, hopefully at a much better pace! Perhaps I'll learn to add a few zings to it, too. Also, be sure to check out www.shelfari.com, if you haven't already. It's a fabulous website for bibliophiles such as ourselves! Very cool graphics and a great way to reach other book lovers.

Finally, I'm throwing it out here now: my goal is to read 150 books for 2008. Ok, ok, it was 200 originally, but that just ain't gonna happen! I managed about 129 for 2007, which is pretty darn good. When I started calculating for the 200/year, I realized I'd have to read one book every 1.8 days! Now, if I didn't have to work, it would be a no-brainer. But alas, the Bookbabe has to pay the bills somehow!

Here's to a great year, and keep on readin'!

No comments: