Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"Shards of Crimson" by Liz Maverick, Patti O'Shea, Carolyn Jewel, & Jade Lee

Fans of the Crimson City series have a small reason to celebrate - Shards of Crimson! This is a collection of 4 short stories/novellas about our beloved Crimson City and some of the characters therein.

For those unfamiliar with CC, some background. This is another series of paranormal romance, albeit with a twist - there are different authors for each book, with the creator, Liz Maverick, writing the first and last books in the series. There are 6 total, and they are very good, although some are a bit better than others. Hey, I can have my favorites! This is where I discovered Marjorie Liu, and we know how much I like her stuff.

It would be difficult to describe each story, so suffice to say I enjoyed this book and recommend it. I will say that if you haven't read anything in the CC series, this might not appeal to you - it's a bit difficult to understand all the various alliances and factions that are present in each story. I highly recommend the Crimson City series itself, and this makes a nice companion piece. Also, for hardcore CC fans, especially those of Jill and Marius, Ms. Maverick has a dedication before her offering that indicates we will be finding out what happens with those two. Seems to me that the series is not finished as we thought!

No comments: