Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

Yes, it's my birthday. And I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to.... blah, blah, blah.

Mostly I would cry because I had to work today, never fun on one's birthday. Luckily I had some nice surprises from co-workers that made it much better. Sadly, I kept hearing the same complaints that I always here when I work the computer lab: "Your computers are soooooooooooo slow here" and "What do you mean you don't have Wi-Fi? I thought all libraries had Wi-Fi!"

Sigh.

In a perfect world, I would win the Powerball tonight (or would have won the Mega Millions last night). I would be able to quit work and become a lady of leisure. I would be able to donate money to my library system for things like better computers and Wi-Fi (do they name a computer lab after you if you donate big bucks, like hospital wings?) I would even try to secure enough funding to hire more employees and get some branches back to 6 or 7 days a week, especially with the price of gas going up, and up, and up. In a perfect world, I would be the most cherished benefactress ever.

But the world ain't perfect, and I ain't rich - just another year older. I'm hoping there will at least be cake in my near future. And more good books, of course!

No comments: