Friday, February 3, 2012

Wrist improving, now have the crud

Yep, it's February. I have come down with "the crud", that lovely combo of cold/flu/snot-fest that seems to happen around this time every year. I have been washing my hands constantly, using sanitzer when necessary, and generally trying to keep my distance from patrons/co-workers that I suspect are ill. But, yeah. Nothing worked. Came home last night with a sore throat, which rapidly progressed to feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. I'm tired, snotty, achy, and my ears pop every time I swallow.

Sigh.

On the plus side, this means I'm staying home today (one of my incredibly rare sick days taken), and I have plenty of books to read. I have a wonderful hubby who has already promised to make me chicken soup for lunch, and to procure orange juice for me as well. Plus I know I'll get lots of TLC, which is truthfully the best medicine on the planet.

Promise I'll try to get back to the posts soon - with hopefully a healed wrist and healed head!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I try to live by the 'mind over matter' method of health but when everyone else around me is sick, like now, I eventually go down, like now, in a snotty, sneezing, feverish heap. Missed 1 and 1/2 days of work so far. Thinking healthy thoughts for both of us.