Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Uncle Stevie says...

We just got the newest edition of Entertainment Weekly here at the library yesterday afternoon, and it include Stephen King's "Best Books of 2009". I love end-of-year lists, and of course, I also love Uncle Stevie, so I was curious as to what would make his best-of list. I was familiar with most of the titles (in fact, hubby dearest has read one of them, #10), but what really surprised me was his #1 pick. I'd already read it! And not because he picked it! I won't tell you what it was - that would ruin the surprise. And you can't find the answer in this blog anywhere either. I just checked and it turns out it was one of the books that I did not review.

Yes, I'm a slacker. I don't review all the books I read. So sue me!

What I really wanted to share with you, dear readers, is Uncle Stevie's recommendation for an upcoming novel, one that he says will just absolutely blow us away. The book is called "The Passage" and it will be released June 8, 2010. King is calling it an "epic vampire novel", saying it's "your basic don't-miss reading experience". Hmmm..... I do love me a good vampire book. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it, try to make sure we get copies for the library. I just hope that it doesn't turn out to be like "The Historian"; I wanted to read this one so badly, and when I got it, I just could not get into it. Found it boring, boring, boring. However, the Bookbabe's dad just read it, and he says to stick with it, that there's a lot of really interesting historical stuff, and yes, finally you get to the juicy vampire bits.

We'll see. I have a lot of books on my to-be-read pile right now!

No comments: