Sunday, December 23, 2007

"Holy Smokes" by Katie Macalister


There is just no rhyme or reason to the universe, dear fans. This is the fourth book in the Aisling Grey series by our dear Katie, and again, I find myself just overwhelmed by how much I do not like this book. So much so that I quit on page 86 and brought it back to the library. My hubster, however, read it and loved it. Go figure!

I can't really give you a plot synopsis since I didn't finish it, can I? What I can tell you is this - I am done with this series. Indeed, I may be done with Katie period if she doesn't come out with anything good and damn soon. Sigh. In the pages I did read, I found myself yet again cringing when Aisling claims to be a "professional" (mentioned at least 2 times in that short amount of paper). I also found myself skimming a lot, due to the increasingly frequent make out/sex scenes between her and Drake, her true love. OK, when you skim through those sort of scenes, you know you're officially over it. I mean, this is a paranormal romance, after all!

I don't know what's going to happen to Aisling, and quite frankly, I don't give a damn anymore. Read it if you want and tell me how it was. I'm moving on to bigger and better books.

No comments: