Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Birthday!


To me, that is! Yes, today is my 42nd, and to reward myself I took an entire week off from work. I'm spending the time with my hubby, which is nice (especially as I haven't wanted to kill him!). I had planned to get some major cleaning done, get into an exercise routine, do a lot of things that I've been meaning to do. And pretty much none of it has happened.

Except for reading, that is.

Since Saturday, I have finished four, count them - four - books. I'm also well into a fifth and have every intention of starting the other two I brought home for the week. I am just amazed at how much I've read! Normally I'm lucky to get one done in a few days... Then again, having this much free time (and absolutely nothing on the TV, nor any big plans to play tourist anywhere) has worked to my advantage.

Other than the reading, I have simply relaxed, something that I'm not ordinarily very good at. I like to be busy, even if it's just with piddly little things such as housework. But the pressures of my position at the library have been wearing on me just a bit lately, and my wonderful co-workers have been after me to take a break, regroup, relax. I cannot tell you how right they were! I still have half a week left, and for the first time in a long time, I don't find myself wanting to go back. I mean, I will go - I do like my job, and I do have bills to pay! But usually I'm chomping at the bit by now, just itching to jump back in. I'm not really sure why I don't feel that way this time; perhaps it's the fact that I'm really enjoying the time off this go-round. Maybe it's being with hubby dearest - and actually getting along well! Who knows. I do know that I plan to take some more time off by the end of the year!

I'll try to post some book reviews just as soon as I can, but as I said - I'm on vacation and loving every minute of it. Which means I'm not really even thinking about this blog much! Don't worry - I've taken some notes on each book, so I'll still be able to do a decent job. Look for the reviews to start next week. As for the new releases, well, I think for this month we'll just let those slide. Unless there's a really, really great title that's coming out that you think everyone should know about - in that case, email me and let me know, and I'll pass along the info!

Take care, dear readers, and I'll see you again soon!

No comments: